Sometime back, during one of my college classes, we were discussing the need to have something other than post-it notes to keep our places while knitting with charts. I’ve been mulling this little problem over in my mind ever since, constantly keeping an eye out for “just that perfect thing” that would be able to magically transform into a doable row marker.
Well, the other day I found it! Michaels now has small metal strips in their wood crafting aisle. Coupled together with magnet strips, this turned out to be just the ticket! Here’s how I made mine:
- your favorite paper bits and bobs leftover from scrapbooking/card making.
- your favorite adhesive…needs to be strong!
- pencil, scissors
- ink pad to coordinate with paper, or antiquing brown
- you might need some fine sandpaper
- and these items below…2 metal strips & sticky backed magnets
Step one: Trace around the metal strips with your pencil onto your…
View original post 296 more words